Friday, June 26, 2009

Coney Island Tastes Good


So Malia had her first adventures at the beach.  We went to the New York Aquarium in Coney Island Brooklyn today (not spectacular at all) and stopped at the beach on the way back to the train.  After slathering Malia with sunscreen and tying on her sun hat, I took her over to the water.  She seemed mesmerized by the sound of the ocean.  I let her feet touch the sand and then I let the water wash over her little feetsies.  She didn't seem to mind at all, and the water was pretty cold.  She kept trying to "walk" further out.  Of course, I was trying to keep her off of the sand and clean but she had other plans and kept buckling her legs, which is apparently code for "let me go".  As soon as I let her down she was off, crawling back and forth across the sand.  And then it happened...she ate her first handful!  I of course was mortified, but Malia seemed to enjoy it as she licked clump after clump of Brooklyn sand off of her fingers.  By the time we were ready to go, she was covered head to toe in sand and had probably eaten half of the beach.  The great news is that she seems to love the beach as much as I do and now I'm excited to go visit Bran in Virginia Beach in a few weeks.  The bad news is that she will apparently have sandy poop for several weeks to come! Ouch!!


No comments:

Post a Comment