Thursday, November 20, 2008

Flying Solo: First Thanksgiving

The first flight wasn't so bad at all!!  Anthony took us to the airport and parked so he could bring in all of our stuff.  After dropping the bags off at the JetBlue counter, we went through the security checkpoint.  Of course, Anthony wasn't allowed to help us so I started fending for myself as he watch 20 feet away (so annoying!).  Thankfully he sent a woman that has a boarding pass to help us.  She had 3 kids and knew how to get through efficiently.  Malia came out of the car seat and into my arms, the car seat went upside down on the conveyor belt, then the stroller, diaper bag, laptop, coat, shoes.  On the other side, the airport employee had reassembled the car seat and stroller (and made a comment that since the car seat didn't snap in that it wasn't safe...idiot!).  I popped Malia back in the car seat and we were on the move to the gate.  

     

Once boarding started, I put her in the Bjorn, but noticed another woman popping her son into a long pice of cloth.  On the plane I asked what it was and found out that she travels nowhere without her Moby Wrap.  It looked pretty cool so I tucked that info away in the recesses of my brain.  Malia slept the whole flight (woo hoo!) and on the Pittsburgh end, Grandpa Jerry aka my dad met us and loaded us into the car.  My mom took Malia for a few nights during the trip so I was able to get some much needed rest.  Malia looked pretty cute in her Thanksgiving outfit but had several meltdowns due to being passed around and over stimulation.  All in all it was a good trip (went to a Steelers game too).

No comments:

Post a Comment